New Photography Guidelines for Outdoor Photo sessions
We are so excited to book sessions soon and we’ve also revamped our photography guidelines and incorporated social distancing protocols. These following protocols are to ensure the safety of our clients!
All sessions will be booked at an outdoor location that has plenty of space to walk around and that is not too crowded. It will also be our main priority to ensure that there is 6 feet between you and the lens. We are also making wearing a mask mandatory for ourselves, there is no need for you to wear one, unless you would like to include it into your session.
Our Photo Session Guide
Figuring out what to wear for your photography session can be hard, especially when you have to coordinate the whole family! We’ve decided to put together our an outfit guide to make your life easier. Here are our tips, we have also included links to our Pinterest boards.
- Try to coordinate outfits, don’t match exact colours try different shades. For example don’t wear the same shade shirt and pants, you’ll look like you’re wearing uniforms.
- If one of you is wearing something with a lot of color and pattern, sometimes it’s best to have the other person wear a neutral to tone it down a bit.
- Try not to over think it! Sometimes it’s best to wear something simple.
- Make sure you are equal when it comes to how formal your attire is.
- We don’t recommend wearing anything clothing with logos, sunglasses or hats.
- Wear something that is comfortable and that make you feel confidant, add accessories such as bracelets or scarves.
- When choosing an outfit for your children, be sure that it is something that is comfortable, we don’t want them pouting because they hate their itchy wool sweater.
Engagement Session Tips:
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself and wear something that is unique to you! Some of my favorite engagement shoots have incorporated my couple’s unique style!
- For your engagement session, you can bring two outfits, we recommend one casual and one that is a little dressier.
- Last but not least If you want extra ROMANTIC images, consider wearing something long and FLOWY! I absolutely love photographing fabric that flows in the wind! Also, light & neutral colors allow images to appear more light and airy no matter what the weather is like.
- Some couples plan their attire to coordinate with their wedding day so that their Save The Dates match the wedding theme and decor.
Pinterest Board Inspiration
When in doubt, feel free to send us a message! We can’t wait to see you at your session! 😊